In this new episode, Thriving Business Podcast hosts Kate De Jong and Sam Morris sit down with Master Business Coach, Angie Giltner. Otherwise known as "The Girl with the Purple Hair" and based in Ohio, USA, Angie shares her remarkable 10-year journey as a business owner, highlighting a pivotal moment when she decided to start her own business after facing workplace discrimination and unequal pay.
- Angie's background: Angie, a former social worker and trainer, transitioned into entrepreneurship after a shocking incident of pay disparity in her previous job.
- Swift business launch: In just four days, Angie launched her own business, but she struggled in the first year due to lack of preparation and education.
- Investing in a business coach: After facing financial hardship and with as little as $2.84 in her bank account, Angie found a way to invest $10,000 in a business coach, which was the key decision that transformed her business and led to long-term success.
- Overcoming imposter syndrome: Angie shared her experience of initially doubting her ability to charge higher coaching fees but eventually increasing her rates, leading to significant growth in her income and business overall.
- Personal brand pivot: During COVID, Angie transitioned from being a local business to becoming an online personal brand, learning the importance of putting herself out there and establishing a unique value proposition.
- The power of manifesting: Angie uses vision boards and positive affirmations to manifest her goals, exemplifying the power of a positive mindset.
And so much more!
Overall, Angie's journey from workplace discrimination to becoming a thriving business owner and coach serves as an inspiring example of resilience, determination, and the importance of investing in oneself. Listen to her fascinating story on this episode!
Stay Connected with Angie Glitner:
Connect with the Women Doing Business Hosts:
Kate De Jong, PhD | Inspired Business
Sam Morris | The Business Implementor